Artist News

Har Mar Superstar issues statement on “harmful, abusive and selfish” behaviour towards several women

By | Published on Monday 29 March 2021

Har Mar Superstar

Sean Tillmann, aka Har Mar Superstar, has published a statement apologising for “conduct that was harmful, abusive, and selfish” towards several women. However, he has denied the specific accusation of sexual assault which, once posted on social media earlier this month, prompted a number of other women to come forward with allegations of misconduct.

The musician said that his actions were the result of “a toxic mixture of alcohol, drugs and cavalier sexuality”, adding in his online statement: “I am deeply sorry to anyone who feels I have hurt them. What matters here is not my feelings or perspective but to take these statements seriously and respectfully”.

“I want to provide my deepest apology and public commitment to be accountable, to listen, and to do what I can to allow for healing and growth, not only for those women who have come forward, but for our community – and in particular our music community – as a whole. I want those who have been brave enough to speak up to know that I have heard you, I am ready to listen, and that I am committed to doing what I can to be accountable and, frankly, to just be a better human”.

However, on the subject of the specific social media post that prompted these other women to come forward, he writes: “The specific allegations from the initial social media post … involve a person from my past, a person I occasionally interacted with as part of my battle with addiction. I sincerely wish her the best in her life, but I categorically deny the version of events that has been presented within her post. It just didn’t happen that way, and the recent account includes awful, untrue details that have been added”.

The woman who made those accusations, who has not been named, has also spoken to the Star Tribune about the alleged 2016 incident. The newspaper reports that it confirmed her account with three other women who she spoke to shortly after said incident took place, and that it has seen a text message conversation between Tillmann and one of those other women who confronted him about it.

Earlier this month, as Har Mar Superstar, Tillman released his latest album ‘Roseville’, which details how he overcame addiction and began therapy. Following the recent accusations, the First Avenue music venue in Tillmann’s hometown of Minneapolis – where the alleged incidents are said to have taken place – cancelled a show by his band Heart Bones. Minnesota radio station 89.3 The Current has also removed his music from its playlists.



READ MORE ABOUT: