N-Dubz drummer in court over alleged sexual assault

By | Published on Tuesday 27 July 2010

Aaron Fagan, the drummer for N-Dubz’s live shows, appeared in court last week in relation to accusations that he sexually assaulted two students at Strathclyde University last October. Fagan was in Glasgow with his bandmates for the MOBO Awards, and the group seemingly held their after show party at the university’s students’ union. He denies the charges.

According to the BBC, one of the drummer’s accusers told the court that she had been leaving the students’ union when she and a friend were approached by the musician.

The alleged victim said: “He asked if I wanted to go to an N-Dubz after party. He then put his arms over our shoulders and started leading us up the stairway. As we were climbing the stairs he took his hand away from my neck and put it on my bottom and started grabbing at it. We carried on climbing the stairs and he hit my friend on the bum, too. He then moved round behind me and with both arms reaching round from behind, started to grab my breasts”.

But Fagan’s lawyer Euan Cameron put forward a different version of events, accusing the woman of approaching the musician and asking to be let into the party. He said that while his client initially agreed, when he and the girls reached the door of the party venue, another of the band’s reps refused the girls entry, calling them “mingers”. Cameron said: “Having thought that you had secured an invite to the N-Dubz party, [you] were now left looking foolish and were upset and so you told lies to a door steward you met on the way out, is that not the case?” The student denied that version of events.

The trial is due to continue this week. Fagan isn’t the only member of the N-Dubz live show entourage to be accused of sexual assault in the last year. Last November the main three members of the group had to distance themselves from Junior Edwards, their live DJ, after he was accused of rape at a party following the Naughty Reunion event at Butlin’s holiday camp in Skegness, where the urban trio had performed.