Artist News Business News Gigs & Festivals Legal Live Business

Ban lifted on Kraftwerk show in Buenos Aires

By | Published on Tuesday 15 November 2016

Kraftwerk

A Kraftwerk show will go ahead as planned in Buenos Aires, despite the city initially refusing a permit due to the band’s dangerous use of synthesisers.

As previously reported, Kraftwerk fell foul of the Argentinean capital’s ban on electronic music festivals, which came into force following five drug-related deaths at the Time Warp festival earlier this year. Permission was granted for tickets to be put on sale for the indoor Kraftwerk arena show in July, but the final permit was then rejected last month.

Promoter Move Concerts argued that the Kraftwerk show was not a festival, but officials said that it still came under the ban because “synthesisers or samplers are the primary instrument”.

However, on appeal yesterday, the ban on the show was overturned. A spokesperson for Move told IQ that it was ruled that the ban applies only to festivals and not indoor concerts such as Kraftwerk’s, which is now classed as “a normal recital”.

Move had said that it would relocate the show out of the city if necessary, but with the go-ahead now granted tickets for the show as planned on 23 Nov have been put back on sale.



READ MORE ABOUT: |

SIGN UP GO PREMIUM CMU NEWS CMU DAILY CMU DIGEST CMU TRENDS SETLIST