Artist News Legal

Fleetwood Mac settle with Lindsey Buckingham

By | Published on Tuesday 11 December 2018

Fleetwood Mac

Lindsey Buckingham has settled his legal dispute with former band Fleetwood Mac, telling CBS that he is happy with the deal that has been done.

It emerged in April that Buckingham was out of the band, just as a new Fleetwood Mac tour was announced. He then sued his former bandmates in October, in no small part over the monies he’d lost by not being allowed to participate in those new touring activities.

The lawsuit alleged that Buckingham had been fired after requesting time off from the band to undertake a solo tour. Though in an interview with Rolling Stone he subsequently said that tensions between him and former partner Stevie Nicks were the real issue, claiming that she had given the rest of the band a “me or him” ultimatum.

Either way, Buckingham said that the lawsuit had been settled during an interview on ‘CBS This Morning Saturday’ this weekend. He didn’t discuss any details of that settlement, except to say that all the members of the band had now signed off on it and that “I’m happy enough with it”.



READ MORE ABOUT: |

SIGN UP GO PREMIUM CMU NEWS CMU DAILY CMU DIGEST CMU TRENDS SETLIST