Artist News Legal

Sacked Megadeth bassist David Ellefson issues statement

By | Published on Thursday 27 May 2021

David Ellefson

Former Megadeth bassist David Ellefson, who was fired from the band earlier this week, has said that he wishes his former bandmates “the best”. He adds that he is working on legal action against the person who leaked video footage of him engaged in sexual activity, which led to his departure from the band.

Sexually explicit text messages and video clips featuring Ellefson and an unnamed woman, whom some claimed to be underage, emerged online earlier this month. The musician admitted that they were real, but denied that the woman had been underage and insisted that everything that happened was consensual.

On Monday, Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine released a statement saying that “David Ellefson is no longer playing with Megadeth”, adding that “with an already strained relationship, what has already been revealed now is enough to make working together impossible moving forward”.

In¬†a statement to Rolling Stone¬†yesterday, Ellefson said: “Recently, a very private video was illegally posted on the internet and false allegations were made against me. The actions in the video were between two consenting adults and were recorded without my knowledge”.

“I am working with Scottsdale Police Department in their investigation into charges regarding revenge pornography to be filed against the person who posted this video. Also, my lawyers are preparing a defamation lawsuit to be filed against this person. This person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law”.

“I am taking this time to be with my family”, he continued. “I wish my bandmates the best with their upcoming tour”.

Megadeth are set to head off on a co-headline tour of the US with Lamb Of God in August. They are also working on a new album.



READ MORE ABOUT: |