Abbey Road Studios in London has confirmed the winners of its Music Photography Awards for 2023.
Commenting on the winners, Abbey Road’s Managing Director Sally Davies says: "The standard of all the images submitted for this year’s MPAs was incredibly high across the board and we are particularly proud of this year’s winners".
Organisers also revealed that there was a 480% increase in entries for this year's awards compared to last year's first edition, with over 14,000 images from 30 countries being submitted for consideration across the open categories.
"The growth that the MPAs has already achieved in only its second year is testament to the overall quality of the awards and the way in which it has been embraced and celebrated across the artistic landscape", Davies continues. "Recognising and promoting talent in this important field is something that we at Abbey Road are committed to and we are already looking forward to 2024!"
And now a list of winners, with the subjects of each photographer’s images in brackets...
- Undiscovered Photographer Of The Year: Chris Allmeid (Lil Uzi Vert)
- Music Moment Of The Year: Anthony Pham (Harry Styles)
- Underground Scenes: Alex Amorós (Margate Mod Weekender)
- Live Music: Carlo Cavaluzzi (Jpegmafia)
- In The Studio: Victoria Sanders (Benjamin Earl Turner)
- Hip Hop 50: Clay Patrick McBride (Jay-Z and Kanye West, 2005)
- Editorial: Aidan Zamiri (Caroline Polachek)
- Portrait: Samuel Ibram (Shygirl)
- Artist At Work: Tom Pallant (Yungblud)
- Icon Award: Henry Diltz