SJM Concerts requires a PR Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Head of PR
This is a full-time, permanent junior position which the successful candidate will embrace and make their own to become a key member of SJM's extremely busy and efficient marketing & PR department.
To assist the PR team to maximise media exposure of events promoted by SJM Concerts and lead on creative grassroot PR campaigns.
Generate announcements and publicity for new tours; liaise with PR companies to maximise exposure and promote gigs across various media and exploring new trends/platforms.
To write press releases, blogs, reports, statements and form close professional relationships with key contacts.
To be highly efficient, organised and enthusiastic, with an ability to thrive under pressure in a stressful environment - and a passion for the music and events industry is a must have.
To market all events promoted by SJM Concerts in conjunction with the promoters and directors in a cost effective, efficient manner to the excellent first-class standards upon which SJM Concerts has built its reputation.
- Find, source and develop relationships with media including websites, blogs and source materials and features for relevant media. Plus expanding our podcast roster.
- Assisting preparation of organisational documents such as press reports, review and photo pass requests lists and interview schedules.
- To effectively write press releases and statements that caters to each individual artist.
- Liaising with the media and assist in organising publicity campaigns both within the press, radio, tv and online forms.
- Assist in the organisation of major promotional events and media days including booking and scheduling.
- Being flexible to attend and oversee promo trips across the UK sometimes out of hours.
- Respond to enquiries from the media, arrange interviews with journalists, prepare and distribute news releases and prepare / assist in issuing statements to the media with outside organisations.
- Update the monthly gig guide with subsequent distribution to contacts within the media and update listings on various sites.
- Working closely with SJM's Social Media Coordinator and wider digital team to arrange competitions and source content for socials channels.
- Organising competitions with relevant media, writing competition copy and notifying winners.
- Assist with exploring ongoing media trends and platforms to expand the SJM media database.
- Assist the team in generating creative ideas to boost exposure for gigs and tours.
- A qualification and/or strong background in PR & Media and an understanding of the subject.
- At least one year's relevant experience or university placement equivalent.
- Enthusiasm for the role and a willingness to assist and work as part of a strong team.
- An understanding of publicity, PR, and social media, alongside an interest in a wide range of music and events genres.
- Good analytical skills.
- Confident language skills and an ability to write concisely.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Interested in music, PR and the events industry.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A good aptitude for working with computers and apps.
- Ability and willingness to carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Company.