Artist News Awards

Michael Buble pulls out as BRIT Awards host

By | Published on Thursday 19 January 2017

Michael Buble

Michael Buble has reportedly, and somewhat unsurprisingly, pulled out of hosting the BRIT Awards next month. Buble cancelled all professional engagements last November after his three year old son was diagnosed with leukaemia, but it had been hoped that he would return for the big UK music industry prize giving ceremony.

An unnamed source told The Sun: “It was a difficult call but Michael has decided to pull out of hosting the BRIT Awards. Out of respect for Michael the producers gave him as much time as he needed to make the decision, which they completely understood. He would have put a unique stamp on the night so it’s a real shame, but at the moment his priority is his family”.

A number of people have apparently already pounced upon the opportunity and put themselves forward. Some are suggesting that organisers will bring back Ant & Dec for a third consecutive year. Maybe they could get Peter Kay back, remember what a resounding success that was last time?

Elsewhere in BRITs news, Robbie Williams has this morning been announced as one of this year’s performers. This follows his stupid and entirely pointless BRITs Icon show last year.

“I’m delighted to be performing at the BRITs once again”, says Williams. “It’s always a special night for music – this year feels like a big one”.

The ceremony will take place at the O2 Arena in London on 22 Feb.



READ MORE ABOUT: | |

SIGN UP GO PREMIUM CMU NEWS CMU DAILY CMU DIGEST CMU TRENDS SETLIST